At West St Leonards Primary Academy every child is an individual. We strive to value each and every learner.
West St Leonards Primary Academy is a small, nurturing academy where we take true pride in helping every learner meet their potential.
Our parents and carers are at the heart of our school community.
At West St Leonards, we offer excellent teaching and fantastic facilities. Our happy, welcoming environment allows children to rise to challenges without a fear of failure and to become confident lifelong learners.
We can’t wait to welcome you to our amazing academy and share our school with you!
Mr D O’Regan
Principal, West St Leonards Primary Academy
Special Educational Needs
As well as a thriving special educational needs division, we are proud to host our Doves class, our special facility for pupils with physical disabilities and moderate learning difficulties, with education health and care plan (EHCPs).
Our eco warriors work hard to build the links between our academy and our environment and have fun doing it!
Our pupils experience a wealth of opportunities from Athletics to French, and Football to Tennis.
Our Teaching and Learning
The curriculum at West St Leonards Primary Academy covers the 5 C’s:
- Creative – We offer all pupils he opportunities to make, do, explore and create using their newly acquired and pre-existing knowledge.
- Collaborative – We work together on class projects to share knowledge, teaching teamwork and independence and higher-level problem solving.
- Cross-curricular – We learn across subjects to get the breadth of knowledge and to allow each child to discover their own individual talent.
- Continuous Learning – We never stop learning. At every stage of the educational journey, we layer the knowledge and understanding to be gained at each stage, allowing for this to provide a river of learning rather than separate pools of understanding.
- Child-centred – We engage every child in their learning and help them develop thinking, questioning and independence in the acquisition of knowledge.
Our Wraparound Care
After School Club runs from either 3:00pm - 4:30pm (£10.00 per session) or 3:00pm - 5:45pm (£12.00 per session)
Activities include crafts, games, quiet area , access to Bug Club and Times Table Rockstars as well as outdoor play (weather permitting). A healthy snack is provided.