West St Leonards Primary Academy is an attentive, nurturing academy where we take true pride in helping each and every one of our learners meet their potential. Our fantastic relationships with our wonderful community of parents of carers are an the centre of our school ethos.
At West St Leonards, we pride ourselves on our excellent teaching and fantastic facilities. Our happy, welcoming environment allows children to rise to challenges without a fear of failure and to become confident lifelong learners. Flourish, succeed and join us on a journey of excellent learning and friendship.
We are part of a family of academies
We are proud to be part of the University of Brighton Academies Trust, a distinguished organisation dedicated to nurturing and supporting infant, primary, and secondary academies throughout Sussex.
As a family of academies, we collectively pursue common goals and ambitions guided by our shared mission, vision, and values.
Our association with the University of Brighton lends invaluable enrichment to the Trust. Drawing upon their esteemed sponsorship and extensive experience in working with schools, we strive to create an environment where our pupils are not only inspired to excel but also cultivate a lifelong passion for learning.
The benefits of being an academy include:
- Access to expert advice and support from our lead sponsor, the University of Brighton, to further develop our teaching
- Support and expertise from a dedicated professional services team, who help all our academies grow and develop every year
- Curriculum freedoms; as an academy we can develop learning that really excites children
- The continuation of our distinctive and inclusive ethos
- The resources we need to move our good school to outstanding.